COMPETITION BEGINS MONDAY

Freshman Business Candidates to Report at Crimson Building at 8.30.--Work Will Start at Once.

The competition for the positions of second assistant business manager of the CRIMSON, open to the class of 1918, will commence next Monday morning at 8.30 o'clock, when all men who desire to enter the competition should report at the CRIMSON, open to the class of 1918, will commence next Monday morning at 8.30 o'clock, when all men who desire to enter the competition should report at the CRIMSON Office, corner of Massachusetts avenue, and Plympton street. At this time the competition will be outlined, and work will be started at once. Any men who desire advance information regarding the work of the competition should apply to the business manager in the CRIMSON Office at any time. Two men will be taken on at the end of the competition, and will become assistant business manager and circulation manager in their Junior year, and one of them will become business manager in his Senior year. The work of the competition will consist mainly in soliciting advertisements, although business efficiency will count in the final selection.

Competitions for the news and editorial ends of the paper will begin on October 4. The news competition is open only to members of the Sophomore class, the work consisting of gathering University news items. The editorial competition is open only to Juniors, and the work, consists of gathering data and writing editorials.