FIRST RECEPTION FOR 1919

DEAN BRIGGS WILL PRESIDE AT MEETING IN UNION THIS EVENING.

The annual meeting for the reception of new members of the University will be held in the Living Room of the Union this evening at 8 o'clock, with Dean Briggs presiding. The speakers will be President Lowell, Major Higginson, Dean Hurlbut, Rev. George A. Gordon and W. H. Trumbull, Jr., '15. The Committee on the Reception of Students wishes it understood that this reception is for all new members of the University, Freshmen and others.

Phillips Brooks House will be given over to an informal gathering for the class of 1919 tomorrow evening at 8 o'clock. As usual, various undergraduates prominent in athletics, journalism and other such activities, will speak, and the rest of the evening will be given over to refreshments and introductions.

The annual reception to members of the Graduate Schools of Arts and Sciences, Applied Science, and Business Administration will be held in the Living Room of the Union, Friday at 8 o'clock. Professor A. C. Coolidge will make the principal address.

A special reception for members of the Business School will be held in the Trophy Room of the Union, Saturday, at 8 o'clock.