Geological Field Trip is Definitely Assured

As 22 men have already signified their intention of going, the geological field trip to the mountains of Colorado next summer is now assured. The party will leave Boston on the seventh or eighth day of July, and will start work in the southeastern portion of the mountains. Later, a trip will be taken through the higher mountains. Professor W. W. Atwood will be in charge, and there will be two additional assistants.

It is estimated that the camp expenses for the eight weeks, which will include an individual saddle horse for the last two weeks, will be $150. Tuition fee will be $30, and the travelling expenses to Ouray, Colorado, and return bring the total up considerably.

Last year's party consisted of fourteen men who, during the first three weeks of their work, made a geological survey of an area of nearly 200 square miles. They were organized as a Government party, working in an unsurveyed region.

The satisfactory completion of Geology 1 or 4, or an equivalent training in Geology, will be required of all candidates, but those who plan to go should take Geology 5 or 6 the coming semester. There is still opportunity for a few more men to join the party, but they should confer with Professor Atwood at an early date. Any information that may be desired about the expedition may be obtained at his office in the University Museum.