BATTERY A TRAIN DUE TO REACH BOSTON THIS MORNING

One Week Required for Mustering Out of 171 Men.--Battery's War Strength.

Battery A, First Regiment of Field Artillery, M. V. M., will arrive in Boston at the Huntington avenue yards at 8 this morning. The battery will detrain as rapidly as possible and starting between 10 and 11, will parade over the following route: Huntington avenue to Boylston street to Washington to Essex to LincoIn to High to Batterymarch to State to Washington to School to Beacon to Arlington to Commonwealth avenue to the armory. The men will remain at the armory as long as their services are required in unpacking the equipment, will return to their respective homes at night, and will report at the armory not later than 8.30 every morning until the preparations for muster out are finished. This will take at least a week and possibly longer.

The Battery returns with a larger roster than it started with, only three men having been discharged, all of whose terms of enlistment had expired. The total is now close to 171 men, the full war strength, although the enlistments only numbered 133, the nominal peace strength, in June. The men are in excellent condition, with none sick and only a few injured, and these few have recovered. The Artillery Regiment baseball team, which included on its list of regulars eight Battery A men, most of them former stars at the University, won the championship of the National Guard of Massachusetts and was only beaten once in the humorist games it played with teams from other regiments, some of them in the regular army.