STUDENTS MEET NEXT WEEK

State Student Christian Associations to Meet in Phillips Brooks House October 27 and 28.

The Student Christian Association of Massachusetts and Rhode Island will hold a Community Service Conference in Phillips Brooks House on October 27 and 28. The conference will open with a dinner on October 27 at which Professor George Grafton Wilson will preside, after which Richard H. Edwards, social service secretary of the Student Department of the International Committee, will take charge of an open discussion period. On Saturday there will three such discussion periods with an opportunity between them for the delegates to witness the Cornell football game.

The purpose of the conference is to give the delegates a conception of the place of service in the whole program of the World Student Movement and the special responsibility of Christian college men for service. The conference committee intends to emphasize particularly the following principles:

To relate the service activities to the entire program of the College Christian Association; to place great emphasis on thorough discussion rather than speech-making in the consideration of problems relating to the organization of service activities, securing and training volunteers; and to lay stress on the importance of such training for volunteer service workers and to point out ways for securing such training.

The conference is intended to be especially for the leaders in the service work of the College Christian Association, but its sessions will be open to all who are interested in the activities of community service.