CANDIDATES ON JOB TODAY

POSITIONS OPEN TO JUNIORS AND SOPHOMORES ON BOARD OF CRIMSON.

Two competitions for positions on the CRIMSON will start tonight when candidates for the editorial board from the Class of 1918 and for the news department from the Class of 1919 will report at the CRIMSON Building promptly at 7 o'clock. Candidates for the news end should report to the managing editor, who will outline the work required, which will consist mainly of the gathering and "writing up" of University news. There is also a certain amount of office work demanded of each candidate.

While the news competition will require a great deal of the candidates time, yet after a few days it can be so systemized as not to interfere with other things. The competition which requires no previous journalistic experience, is one of great value for there is no other means of becoming so thoroughly acquainted with all the activities and personalities of the University. While this is not the last chance for members of the Class of 1919 to make positions on the news department, yet an admirable opportunity is offered to them at this time, since this is the only competition which is limited to their class, as the Freshman candidates for the news staff will not be called out until next February.

There are about six positions on the news staff open to the Class of 1919 and it is largely a question of how valuable the candidates prove themselves whether this number will be taken on.

All candidates for the editorial staff, which is open only to Juniors, will report to the Editorial Chairman and the work of this competition will be explained.. Probably two men will be elected to this department when the competition closes, but here again the question of usefulness is very material.