TECH. FRESHMEN FOUGHT HARD

SUBSTITUTES OF 1920 TEAM HAVE HARD TIME VANQUISHING ENGINEERS.

In a practice game replete with ragged playing, the 1920 football team defeated the Technology freshmen 6 to 0 on Soldiers Field Saturday afternoon. The game was not on the regular 1920 schedule, but was arranged in order to break up the long three weeks' interval between the Andover and Exeter games.

The only score of the game came in the third period and was made by A. Horween, who crossed the line for a touchdown after a succession of good line bucks together with a long, well-executed forward pass had brought the ball to Tech's 5-yard line. The attempt to kick a goal failed, the ball hitting the goal post. The Freshmen had several other chances to score, especially in the first half, but a poor choice of plays together with faulty interference and the stiffening of the Tech line at the crucial moment prevented further touchdowns.

The teams started as follows: TECH. 1920  1920 Abbot, l.e.  r.e., Livingston Abercrombie, l.t.  r.t., Cheney Pratt, l.g.  r.g., Brocker Morse, c.  c., Caswell Casey, r.g.  l.g., Thorndike Gee, r.t.  l.t., McKittrick MacDonald, r.e.,  l.e., Whitney Dean, q.b.  q.b., Bullard Johansen, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Weden Gibson, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Post Mathan, f.b.  f.b., Blanchard