HUCTW, HOOP Protest Sanctions Against Pro-Palestine Harvard Staff at Tuesday Rally

Harvard College Yield Rises Even After Tumultuous Year, Admissions Dean Says

Large Police Response at Harvard Graduate School of Education After 2 People Fall Off Balcony

Harvard Corporation Rejects FAS Effort to Let 13 Pro-Palestine Student Protesters Graduate

‘An Inflection Point’: Speakers Commend Encampment Protesters at Celebration for Arab Harvard Grads

FRANKLIN HEADS 1918

CASEY 1919 LEADER

In the Junior Class elections held yesterday, John Merryman Franklin, of New York, N. Y., was elected president with a total of 383 points, as against 388 cast for Moseley Taylor, the lowest number electing by the Australian preferential ballot system.

This was one of the closest elections ever held, only five votes separating the two candidates. The ballots were counted four times in order to eliminate any possibility of error.

The vote for vice-president resulted in the election of Walker Blaine Beale, of Augusta, Me., who defeated his nearest competitor, W. D. D. Morgan, 572 to 639. C. L. Harrison, Jr., received 660 points and Murray Taylor 697. David Mason Little, Jr., of Salem, was elected secretary-treasurer by 457 points against 507 for C. H. Wyche, and 576 for P. M. Cabot.

The following men were elected to the Student Council from 1918: George Almy Percy, of Arlington, 210; William James Murray, of Natick, 202; Morrill Wiggin, of Brookline, 186; and Albert Edward MacDougall, of Flushing, L. I., N. Y., 99. The elections to the Student Council are by direct vote, the largest number winning.

Senior Elections to Council.

From the Senior Class two men were elected to the Student Council: William Henry Meeker, of New York, N. Y., was highest with 48 votes, followed by James William Davenport Seymour, of New York, N. Y., with 32. F. H. Cabot, Jr., received 28 votes, and J. C. White, 2d, 20.

New Sophomore Officers.

In the Sophomore elections Edward Lawrence Casey, of Natick, was elected president with 523 points. B. L. Wells received 561, R. H. Bond, 610; R. S. Emmet, 616. The voting for vice-president resulted in the election of Russell Cobb, of New York, N. Y., with 539 votes, C. A. Clark, Jr., receiving 551, G. L. Batchelder, Jr., 593, and F. W. Hatch 627. Lloyd Kirkham Garrison, of New York, N. Y., was elected secretary-treasurer with 469 points. A. Thorndike, Jr., received 531 points, R. H. Kissel, Jr., 636, and C. D. Murray, 674.

Henry Corwin Flower, Jr., of Kansas City, Mo., was elected to the Student Council by a direct vote of 142 over H. Coolidge with 63, and M. Phinney with 49