PIERIAN SUMMONS MUSICIANS

TRIALS FOR CANDIDATES WILL BE HELD IN MUSIC BUILDING TONIGHT.

The first trials for the Pierian Sodality will be held in the Music Building tonight at 7.30 o'clock. Mr. Alloo, trombone soloist of the Boston Symphony Orchestra, who will again conduct the Sodality, will be in charge of the trials. Candidates from all classes, particularly 1920, are urged to come out, as there are many vacancies due to graduation last June. All candidates should bring their instruments, but no music, as the trials will consist in the reading of simple music at sight.

The Pierian Sodality will begin its 109th year this fall and has arranged an excellent concert season. There will be many short trips on which the concert will usually be followed by a dance, and in addition there will be an extensive tour in the Christmas holidays and a large final concert in Sanders Theatre in May.

The work on the Pierian Sodality will be an excellent opportunity for Freshmen to get into the social life of the College and to meet upper classmen. In addition, they will come in contact with the Music Department and reap the benefit of association with musicians of note and of working under a conductor who has acquired experience here and abroad as a follower of Dr. Karl Muck, of the Boston Symphony Orchestra.

The membership of the Orchestra usually numbers between 40 and 50 men, including most of the instruments needed for symphonic work, but there is urgent need for more brass and wood-wind men.