FIRST SQUAD HAS EASY DRILL

TWO CAPABLE FRESHMAN PLAYERS OUT FOR REMAINDER OF SEASON.

The practice at Soldiers' Field yesterday afternoon consisted chiefly of a light squad drill and individual coaching for the men. There was also considerable practice in punting and drop-kicking. R. H. Bond '19 got a pretty goal from the field from the 30-yard line and there was marked improvement in the punting.

University teams A and B were then lined up against each other for a short while, but neither side was able to score. The defensive work of the team still received a greater part of the coaches' attention and much of the time was spent in correcting individual faults.

Freshman Squad Shows Improvement.

There was a decided improvement in the work of the Freshman squad. After dummy tackling and snappy signal practice, the first two 1920 teams were scrimmaged against each other. Coach Rollins was very much pleased with the showing of his men in the most satisfactory and encouraging day of practice since the squad was first formed. An unfortunate injury, however, marred the practice. R. B. Quintana '20, a promising candidate for centre, received a double fracture of the ankle, and had to be removed to Stillman Infirmary. J. E. Bruce '20, an end, whose leg was hurt in Wednesday's practice, was found by an X-ray examination to have sustained a broken ankle. Both these men will be out of the game for the rest of the year.

Manager N. E. Burbridge '17 of the University team is laid up with an infected arm.