PARTY MEN SEEN IN ACTION

LAST NIGHT'S FORUM FAILED TO BRING FINAL VERDICT ON CAMPAIGN.

The first open forum of this year was held in the Living Room of the Union yesterday evening at 8.15 o'clock. The question under debate was: "Resolved, That Woodrow Wilson Should be Re-Elected President of the United States." The debating on both sides was very keen and spirited, and the whole subject was well threshed out. Each political club was represented by three speakers, and the argument centred around them. Judge A. P. Stone '93, in introducing the first speaker, characterized the two candidates by stating that which ever one is elected, he will be a man who will be an honor to the country.

A. G. Paine '17 discussed the "Constructive Domestic Policy" of the party in power. The Democratic party has shown itself to be the truly progressive party while the Republicans have nothing new to show.

R. B. Dawson 3L, in introducing the Republican side of the argument, attached the Underwood Tariff Law, claiming that the Democratic party is not responsible for the present prosperity; but the European war is, and that to claim this is to say that the Democratic party is responsible for the European war.

"If Hughes is elected," E. R. Roberts 1L said, "he will find himself supported by a party which is not united upon any principle. The country now has a leader who has stability and will to lead the nation aright in foreign and domestic affairs."

S. Pitney 3L pointed out that Mr. Wilson has not business judgment which can be trusted.

In closing the debate for the Democrats, H. Epstein 1L stated that "Roosevelt and Taft did not remedy the state of affairs because they were afraid, but left it for Wilson to do, hoping that they might thereby secure good campaign talk."

The last speaker for the Republican Club, B. D. Bromley 3L, said that "Mr. Wilson has showed himself guilty of the error of legislating, and then investigating afterwards."

No vote as to the result of the discussion was taken.