TO OHNOR WAR HEROES

PRES. LOWELL TO SPEAK

A service in commemoration of the University men who have participated in the European war will be held in Appleton Chapel this afternoon at 1 o'clock. As the list has been compiled to date it shows that upwards of 400 men have engaged in various branches of service on or near the scene of battle. Nineteen among them have already sacrificed their lives. Their names follow:

Henry Gustav Byng '13, Andre Cheronnet Champollion '02, Victor Emmanuel Chapman '13, Henry Augustus Colt '10, Charles Robert Cross, Jr., '03, Fritz Daur STB. '14, Calvin Wellington Day GS. 1913-14, Henry Weston Farnsworth '13, Morrill Stanton Gaunt, And., 1914-16, Harold Marion Crawford '11, Clyde Fairbanks Maxwell '14, Robert Edouard Pellissier '04, Norman Prince '08, Alyn Seeger '10, Dillwyn Parrish Starr '08, Edward Mandell Stone '08, Dr. Crosby Church Whitman '86, George Williamson '05, Allen M. Cleghorn (formerly an instructor).

Professor Edward Caldwell Moore will conduct the service and Dr. Davison has prepared the musical program. President Lowell and Major Henry Lee Higginson '55 will speak. The choir will give an anthem.

A memorial service was held for Sergeant Norman Prince '08 in the American Episcopal Church in Paris on October 20. The service was held as part of the program for a great gathering of men distinguished in the interests of the American Aviation Corps. The French government was represented and there were many Americans present.