CLUBS COMPLETE FIRST ROUND

ARGUMENTS OF NEXT GROUP WILL BE HEARD WEEK OF NOV. 27-DEC 2.

The first round of the competition for the Ames Prize by the third year clubs of the Law School has recently come to a close and the results of the arguments have been announced.

The Witanagemot Club was awarded a decision over the Williston Club in the first argument, and the Kent Club defeated the Warren Club in the second. The third case resulted in a victory for the Lowell Club over the Thayer Club.

As there were seven clubs left over from last year's competition to argue this fall, the George Gray Club drew a bye and will compete for the first time when is opposes Lowell in the second round. The arguments of this round will be heard the week of November 27, and the men are now working on their briefs. The Kent and Witanagemot clubs will oppose each other in this round which will be the semi-final round of the competition.

The club which wins the competition receives the Ames Prize of $200 and the runner-up gets the second prize of $100. The contest consists of a series of elimination rounds among the second year clubs from which the best are retained to argue the following year.

In the second year competition the following clubs have won their cases in the first round: Beale, Bryce, Kent, Lowell, Thayer, Warren and Witanagemot. The second round is now going on but no decisions have as yet been given.