FOURTH UNIT TO SAIL TODAY

DOCTORS AND NURSES TO RELIEVE CONTINGENT SENT LAST SPRING.

The fourth University surgical unit of doctors and nurses will sail for France on the Cunard liner "Andania" from New York this afternoon. It will be sent out as a reinforcement to the third unit which is at present serving behind the British lines in northern France. Many of the members of the third unit have renewed their terms of service for another three months; the fourth unit, however, will fill the places of those who are unable to remain abroad any longer.

The unit is under the management of H. H. White '93, who has been appointed permanent manager of the various units which are to be furnished by the University until the end of the war. It is expected that the doctors and nurses will arrive at the base hospital about December 9, when the term of service of the third contingent expires. The fourth division of this service has contracted to remain in France from three months to one year.

The doctors and surgeons who are included in the unit are Drs. B. K. Emerson '01, of Worcester; F. W. Palfrey '98, of Boston; F. F. Pike '98, of Melrose; H. B. Potter, of Wakefield, R. I., and P. H. Provandie '98, of Melrose. One dentist, Dr. C. N. Lewis, of Boston, will sail with the unit, and two other physicians will follow in a month or two. These latter two are Drs. P. P. Chase '10 and H. C. Pitts, both of Providence, R. I. Accompanying the physicians and surgeons will be a contingent of 20 trained nurses from the vicinity of Boston.