The Boston Symphony Orchestra will give its second concert of the season in Sanders. Theatre this evening at 8 o'clock. Miss Susan Millar, a soprano of marked talent will be the soloist, Miss Millar has studied under Madame Sembrich for three years and has become distinguished as a mezzo-soprano.
This is the second of a series of concerts which the Boston Symphony Orchestra will give at Sanders Theatre throughout the year. These concerts will be given on Thursday evening, the dates being November 9, December 7, January 11, February 1, February 22, March 22 and April 26. Tickets for each concert at $1 are on sale at Kent's Bookstore.
The following program has been arranged:
1. Chausson, Symphony in B-flat, opus 20.
2. Rinaldo da Capua, recitative and air, "Dal sen del Caro Sposo," from "Vologeso, Re de' Parti."
3. Beethoven, Grand Fugue, with Orchestra, opus 133.
4. Strauss, three songs, with Orchestra:
(b) Die Nacht."
(c) "Heimliche Aufforderung."
5. Liszt, Symphonic Poem, No. 6, "Mazeppa."