CADET ELEVEN IN 14 TO 0 VICTORY OVER BATTERY A

FIRST CORPS TEAM OUTCLASSED OPPONENTS, SCORING TWO TOUCHDOWNS.

The First Corps of Cadets, N. G. M., outplayed Battery A. N. G. M., in all departments and won the annual Thanksgiving Day game in the Stadium yesterday morning by the score of 14 to 0. The field was wet and soggy and rain fell at times during the game so that both teams were slowed up considerably, but in spite of this the superiority of the victorious team was plainly marked. The Battery team was handicapped by the loss of R. Skilton and W. M. Minot '11, who have been its mainstay in former years.

In spite of the wet and heavy ball, both Sands and Snow punted fairly well. During the first half neither team's de- fence was particularly strong, but in the second half the Cadets tightened up and did not permit a single first down. Their line played well together and opened up big holes for the backs.

The Cadets touchdowns directly resulted from Battery A fumbles and quick following of the ball. In this department the Battery appeared very weak. The Cadet backs took no chances and made fair catches in receiving punts, and offensively the smoothness with which the plays were executed precluded the danger of fumbles.

Shortly after the kick-off in the third period, the Cadets recovered a fumble on the Battery's 20-yard line. The artillerymen held their opponents for downs but the subsequent punt was a short one and Ross, of the Cadets, made a fair catch on the 40-yard line. R. G. Hadley '20, who was at right tackle for the Cadets, tried for a goal from the field but missed, the ball hitting Sands, the Battery quarterback. Cannon, who played end for the Cadets, fell on the ball on the five-yard line, and Snow went over for a touchdown on the next play. R. Hadley '20 kicked the goal.

The second touchdown was scored in the last quarter when H. Hadley picked up a Battery A fumble and raced 20 down on the next play. R. G. Hadley '20 again kicked the goal.

The Battery was outweighed and outplayed from the very beginning. The line plays of the heavier Cadet backs were much more effective than the end runs on which the Battery based its greatest hopes. Sands made two or three pretty runs but in general the backs were slowed up too much by the wet field to be able to gain, and they frequently slipped and were thrown for a loss.

H. Hadley and Snow, the former an ex-Tufts player and the latter once captain at Dartmouth, were good ground gainers for the Cadets. Cannon and Van Tassel, at the two ends of the line, excelled in recovering fumbles, and R. G. Hadley '20 played a great part in stopping many of the Battery's gains through the line.

The summary:

FIRST CORPS CADETS  BATTERY ACannon, l.e.  r.e., Storer, FarringtonBurnham, Emerson, l.t.  r.t., Lancaster, ElliotWilliams, l.g.  r.g., James, FurnessMillmore, Young, c.  c., SeldenKowall, r.g.  l.g., Durden, WheelwrightR. Hadley, r.t.  l.t., Mackie, PollardVan Tassel, Curtis, r.e.  l.e., EckfeldtBrownRoss, Hinckle, q.  q., SandsH. Hadley, l.h.b.  r.h.b., HuntingtonSnow, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Tobey, HoganSimmonton, f.b.  f.b., MacName