COLGATE DOWNED BROWN 28 TO 0

Providence Eleven Outplayed.--Yale Can Claim Eastern Championship.

Colgate eliminated Brown from any claim to the Eastern football championship by scoring a decisive 28-to-0 victory against the Providence eleven in yesterday's game. With a remarkable season's record of victories, Brown entered the contest confident of a win, but in no department of the game did the losers equal the Colgate team. Pollard, whose wonderful work against the University and Yale stamped him as one of the greatest backs in the game, was ineffective on a slippery field, and at no time proved dangerous. The Colgate eleven displayed a bewildering assortment of trick plays and criss-cross formations, and each of its four touchdowns resulted from a steady march down the field. Brown's heralded offence was unable to gain consistently through the strong Colgate line, and the latter's goal line was little threatened throughout the game. Anderson, who played quarterback for the winners, showed faultless generalship, and the heavy trio of Colgate backs executed their difficult trick formations with impressive team-work. The victory, which came as a complete surprise to most followers of the game, gives Yale a chance to claim the Eastern title, since the Blue defeated Colgate earlier in the season.

Penn. Easily Defeated Cornell.

Reverting to its custom of former years, Pennsylvania had little difficulty in defeating Cornell 23 to 3 yesterday. Shiverick secured Cornell's only points by a goal from the field in the opening period. The game was a punting duel between the two great kickers, Shiverick and Berry, and the latter easily out-punted his opponent. Miller, at right end for Pennsylvania, was the star of the game.