PRINCETONIAN PICKS FIVE YALE, THREE HARVARD, AND THREE PRINCETON MEN FOR MYTHICAL ELEVEN

Harte, Robinson and Casey Are Chosen.--Yale Team in Philadelphia.--University Leads in Number of Men at Plattsburg.--Princeton Hockey Prospects are Unusually Good.

The following mythical football team of the best players from Harvard, Princeton and Yale, has been chosen by the Princetonian. It is made up of five Yale men and three each from Princeton and Harvard: Harte, l.e.  Harvard Gates, l.t.  Yale Nourse, l.g.  Princeton Gennert, c.  Princeton Hogg, r.g.  Princeton Baldridge, r.t.  Yale Moseley, r.e.  Yale Robinson, q  Harvard Neville, l.h.b.  Yale Casey, r.h.b.  Harvard Legore, f.b.  Yale

The Princetonian's review of the selection follows:

"Robinson has been chosen quarterback because he is so sure in handling punts, kicking drop-kicks and in the selection of his plays. It is not necessary to state why Casey was picked. There is no more elusive, shifty, open-field runner, no player with a better stiff-arm in the 'Big Three.'

"Legore deserves a place on any mythical eleven where only Yale, Harvard and Princeton are to be considered. He would do the punting, much of the running, besides the forward passing. His punting makes it expedient that he be placed at fullback; his playing there would make him a good threat, with Casey in the line-up, the latter always ready for a pass or a quick thrust off tackle. Legore would be a good threat as a drop kicker, but Robinson would probably be called upon if a sure score was wanted at a critical time.

"The fourth position leaves much room for argument. Obviously a line-plunger is needed in this speedy backfield. Neville, Horween, Thomas, and Jacques are the foremost possibilities. Horween proved last Saturday that his clambering type of line attack is a flat failure against a heavy team.

Neville Chosen for Defensive Ability.

"Thomas really would get the position from what has been seen in practices, but his work in the Harvard game was not enough to warrant his being chosen. Jacques is not the defensive back that his teammate Neville is. The latter was the man that scored against Harvard, doing most of the plunging from the eight-yard line, a place where the resistance of the opposing line is always the strongest. Furthermore, he played a fine defensive game.

"Centre is the most easily disposed of position of the whole line. Gennert clearly outplayed both Harris and Taylor at Cambridge, and Callahan in the Yale game. Only Peck, of Pittsburg, would keep him off every all-American.

Black Did Not Show Big Team Calibre.

"Guards are always a hard problem because the playing of the position is seldom spectacular. It would be almost as logical to put Black and Snow there as Nourse and Hogg; but the Princeton men have worked with Gennert for two years. Black would be a wonderful leader for the team, but his actual playing in the Harvard-Yale game was below big-team calibre. Fox, for a man of but one season's experience, comes close to being picked. Captain Dadmun, of Harvard, has not shown much all season.

"Yale's two tackles, Gates and Haldridge, are beyond comparison. These positions were the weak points in the Harvard and Princeton lines. Gates has been alert in every game, practice winning the Harvard game for Yale; took a chance by picking up a loose ball instead of falling on it. McLean was a spectacular at times in the Yale-Princeton game, but, taking the season as whole, he has not shown the expect improvement over last year. McGraw inexperienced.

"It is hazardous to make a guess and be fair in picking two ends from the five: Harte, Coolidge, Comerford, Moseley and Highley. Harte and Moseley were given first choice because they were the more spectacular in the games. The other men were equal some respects, better in others, but alertness is one of the greatest assets end can have. Harte and Moseley saved the day for Harvard and Yale against Princeton; therefore they were put on the wings on an all-star team."

Yale Team Visitors at Philadelphia

As a testimonial of the victories of both the University and Princeton Yale eleven has been enjoying an out in New York and Philadelphia. The squad, accompanied by several member of the Yale Athletic Committee, will be entertained at dinner and at the theather in New York City on Wednesday evening. They were the guests of the Varsity Club of the University of Pennsylvania at the Cornell-Pennsylvania game, Franklin Field, Philadelphia, yesterday. This invitation on the part of the Yale men of the University of Pennsylvania is regarded by Yale men as an indicated that a Yale-Pennsylvania game may arranged for next fall, there having been no game since the split between the two universities in 1894. Fifteen members the Yale squad made the trip.

College Men in Majority at Plattsburg

More than three-fifths of the men who took summer training at Plattsburg this summer were college men. The University had the highest number of men the camp, with a total representation 1,482. Yale came second with 855 and Princeton took third place among the colleges with 720 men at the camp. Following is the list of the first 13 college represented with their student, alumni and total enrolments as appearing "The Phillipian," Phillips Andover Academy: Colleges  Students  Alum. Harvard,  417  1,065 Yale,  187  668 Princeton,  245  475 Columbia,  42  637 Cornell,  90  493 Univ. of Pa. .  83  290 Williams,  78  165 Dartmouth,  77  126 M. I. T.,  26  174 N. Y. University,  16  180 Amherst,  25  113 Brown,  32  71 Stevens,  26  73

Princeton Hockey Practice Started.

The Princeton University hoel squad held the first regular practice the season last Monday at the St. Nicholas Rink when over 20 men reported, A stiff workout was given, but the men were not in good enough condition stand much hard work. The playing, though lasting but a short while, was very good, but the men tired easily. The squad will be cut down to 20 men before the next practice and the entire expenses of these men will be paid by the Athletic Association.

Prospects are unusually bright for a successful team this year. Five of last year's regulars are back and with a number of good substitutes and members of last year's Freshman team, the loss of Captain Peacock, of the 1916 seven, will not be seriously felt. The present captain and centre, W. H. Schoen, has had two years' experience on the first team and should prove the nucleus of a fast and aggressive combination this year

Neville Chosen for Defensive Ability.

Black Did Not Show Big Team Calibre.

Yale Team Visitors at Philadelphia

College Men in Majority at Plattsburg

Princeton Hockey Practice Started.

Princeton Hockey Practice Started.