SAN FRANCISCO BOYS WILL BE VISITORS HERE TODAY

CLUB TO MEET PRESIDENT LOWELL AND LUNCH AT FRESHMAN DORMITORIES.

Phillips Brooks House Association will entertain the members of the Columbia Park Boys Club of San Francisco, Cal., in their visit to the University today. The club is making a tour of the United States, particularly in the East, and is inspecting the various colleges and universities on its route. The organization has been in Boston throughout the week giving entertainments in dramatics, gymnastics and musical selections at the Boston Theatre.

The members of the club will come to Cambridge at noon today and will lunch at the Freshman Dining Halls where each boy will be entertained by an individual Freshman. During the afternoon, under the supervision of W. Willcox, Jr., '17, the boys will visit the various buildings and departments of the University and will finally be presented to President Lowell in the Faculty Room of University Hall. Individual undergraduates will again take care of the boys at dinner in Memorial Hall.

The Columbia Park Boys' Club has a nation-wide reputation among social service workers. It was originally one of many settlement house clubs in San Francisco, but by means of its entertainments, which are both clever and interesting, it has reached the stage where it is self-supporting. The are 45 boys, drawn from the less favored districts of San Francisco, enrolled in its membership, the majority of them being about 14 years old. The club has its own uniform which the members wear in their exhibitions so that there is no individual brilliancy but only the perfection of the whole group noticeable in the entertainments. This is by no means the first trip the club has made across the country, but one of the features of the present trip was a 600-mile hike from Washington, D. C., to Boston, which has just been completed