TWENTY-FIVE SCHOLARSHIPS ANNOUNCED BY CORPORATION

Appointments of Instructors and of Administrative Boards Were Confirmed.

At the meeting of the corporation last Monday, four appointments were confirmed and 25 scholarships were awarded, 17 to students in the Divinity School. Announcement was also made of the appointment of the administrative boards for special students, and for University extension for 1916-17, and for the Dental School; and the choice of members for the library council, by the board of overseers.

Ernest Linwood Walker was made lecturer on Tropical Medicine, Raymond Edwin Merwin '13, Associate in Central American Archaeology; Samuel Kirkland Lothrop, Director of the Central American Expedition; and Gilbert Horrax, Alumni Assistant in Surgery.

The following scholarships and fellowships were awarded: Whiting Fellowship to H. W. Lamson 1G; University Scholarship to K. C. Basu 1G; Lady Mowlson Scholarship to A. K. Small 1G; University Scholarship in Architecture to J. J. Liebenberg 1SA; Lincoln Scholarship to F. B. Sargent 1M, and the William S. Murphy Scholarships, to be given, according to the request of the donor, only to men bearing the name of Murphy, to William Andrew Murphy 1M, Clifton Murphy 1L and Gardner Murphy 1G.

In the Divinity School and from the Hopkins Beneficiary Fund was given to Ralph Hall Collis, gr.Dv., Douglas Hilary Corley gr.Dv., Coningsby Mathieson Gordon 3Dv, Merrill Jacob Holmes gr.Dv, Habib Ibrahim Katibah 3Dv, Walter Arthur Maier gr.Dv.

Eleven men received Divinity Scholarships: W. A. Berridge 2Dv, A. C. Binder 1Dv, R. M. Davis gr.Dv, Frank Gavin 1Dv, G. S. Kukhi 3Dv, George Manifold 3Dv, J. W. Reynolds 3Dv, J. W. Thompson gr.Dv, C. G. Tokas gr.Dv, W. E. Vandermark gr.Dv.

The Administrative Board for Special Students and University Extension, which was appointed by the Board of Overseers, is headed by James Hardy Ropes '89, Dean. The other members are Paul Henry Hanus. Hector James Hughes '94, Clifford Herschel Moore '89, Ernest Carroll Moore, William Bennett Munro '99, George Washington Pierce '99, Kenneth Grant Tremayne Webster '93, and Arthur Fisher Whittem '02. The Administrative Board for the Dental School consists of Eugene Hanes Smith '74, Dean; Charles Albert Brackett '73, William Parker Cooke '81, Samuel Tuttle Elliott '01, Amos Irving Hadley '91, Leroy Matthew Simpson Miner '04, George Howard Monks '75, William Henry Potter '78 and George Henry Wright '03.

Archibald Carey Coolidge '87 is again chairman of the library council, which has the following members: Thomas Barbour '06, Chester Noyes Greenough '98, Charles Homer Haskins '08, George Lyman Kittredge '82, Theodore Lyman '97, George Foot Moore '06, James Buell Munn '12, secretary.

William Sturgis Bigelow '71, John Templeman Coolidge '11 and Robert Bacon '94 were appointed Trustees of the Museum of Fine Arts. Captain Constant Cordier was elected Professor of Military Science and Tactics from September 1, 1916. Paul Joseph Sachs '00 was appointed Assistant Professor of Fine Arts, and George Burgess Magrath '94 was appointed instructor in Legal Medicine.