FRESHMAN SWIMMERS AT WORK

Practice Will be Held in Boston Y. M. C. A. Under Coach Arthur Dane.

Work for the Freshman swimming squad will begin tomorrow when candidates from the Class of 1920 will report for the first practice at the Boston Y. M. C. A., 316 Huntington avenue, at 5 o'clock. Candidates for the University swimming team will be called out next week and practice for them will be held at the same place.

This will be the first season that the swimming squad have practiced in the well-equipped natatorium of the Boston Y. M. C. A. Heretofore practice has been carried on in the tank at the Cambridge Y. M. C. A. in Central square. The increased facilities of the Boston institution will be of great help in the development of the team.

The squad are to be under the direction of Coach Arthur Dane, swimming instructor at the Boston Y. M. C. A. Mr. Dane has had much experience as a swimming teacher, having met with great success in the training of other teams. Practice for the Freshman team will be held three times a week. The first meet is scheduled early in January. Local meets will be held with high schools, and the team will take several trips which will include contests with preparatory schools.