SEVEN READY FOR YALE GAME

HOCKEY TEAM HAD FINAL DRILL IN PASSING AND SHOOTING AT ARENA.

The University hockey team wound up practice for the first Yale game with a short drill in passing and shooting at the Arena yesterday afternoon. There will be no practice today, for the squad will be given a rest after the strenuous work of the past week. The team has been driven hard in preparation for the game tomorrow night, and will line up against the Elis in good condition. Baker was excused from yesterday's work out on account of a cold, but will be back in the game against Yale. Thacher, who has had some trouble with a bruised hip, was on the ice again yesterday, and is also scheduled to start in tomorrow's contest at right wing. The week's work indicates Rice as the probable man to start on the other end of the line.

Yale Team Analyzed.

A general analysis of the Yale seven's play in previous games shows a strong defence, a good centre pair, with some-what slower wing men. The defence men, backed up by a very good goal-tender in York, play close, check aggressively, and are consequently hard to get through. They are not, however, as fast or as clever as the University backs and not very dangerous offensively. The wings play well with the centres and keep a good line formation. The centres are the mainstay of the forward line, playing a very aggressive game, and getting in a lot of short passing. Yale has no one man who is particularly dangerous as an individual, but a set of forwards who, centering in Captain Burgess, have developed an excellent passing game and plenty of "fight."