BASEBALL MEETING TONIGHT

CANDIDATES FOR UNIVERSITY TEAM CONVENE IN VARSITY CLUB AT SEVEN.

Coach Mitchell, Captain Nash, and Dr. E. H. Nichols '86 will address the meeting for all baseball candidates in the Varsity Club this evening at 7 o'clock. In past years it has been customary to cut the squad as a result of the fall work, and to limit the number reporting for spring practice. Coach Mitchell, however, wishes to work with all the available material and so will not cut down the squad until he has had an opportunity to look the men over for himself.

Battery men will report in the Cage on Wednesday for their initial work-out, while the fielders will be called out about a week later. The Freshman candidates will not be asked to report until about the first of March.

Manager Competitions Start.

Candidates from the Sophomore class for the position of second assistant manager of the University team should report in the H. A. A. this afternoon at 5 o'clock. This competition will begin today and will last until after the Princeton game on June 3, a little over three months. Complete information concerning the nature of the work will be given out at the meeting. The Freshman manager candidates will start work Wednesday. The competition for the 1919 men will be somewhat shorter than that for the Sophomores, ending about the middle of May. Complete information concerning the Freshman competition will be announced at a meeting at the H. A. A. Wednesday afternoon at 5 o'clock.