FRESHMAN CREWS ROWED IN TANK

No Changes in Make-Up of First Two University Boats.

The first and second Freshman crews rowed in the tank at Newell--boathouse yesterday afternoon for the first time this season. The tank was a novelty to most of the Freshman oarsmen and this fact coupled with the greater difficulty found in rowing off the machines for the first time tired the majority. Coach Haines and Captain D. P. Morgan '16 watched the two crews work out. Each crew remained in the tank about 15 minutes. There will probably be no immediate changes in the line-up of the crews, which are as follows:

Freshman crew.--Stroke, D. A. Freeman; 7, J. F. Linder; 6, G. L. Batchelder; 5, F. Parkman; 4, L. H. Emery; 3, R. E. Strawbridge; 2, N. P. Hill; bow, G. D. Leighton.

Freshman second crew.--Stroke, R. S. Emmet; 7, G. D. Flynn; 6, S. M. Rinehart, Jr.; 5, R. Cobb; 4, J. S. Coleman; 3, E. S. Brewer; 2, W. Gaston; bow, D. B. Hull.

In addition to the first two crews' tank practice, the nine other Freshman crews rowed on the machines upstairs, with A. Beane '11 as head coach.

There were no shifts in the first two University crews.

The ice is now about ready to break up and it will only be a short time before all the crews will be out on the water.