DARTMOUTH SEVEN MET DEFEAT

Yale Team Won 4 to 3 Victory After Two Extra Period Game.

New Haven, Conn., February 7.--The Yale hockey team was forced to two extra five-minute periods to win from Dartmouth at the New Haven Arena this afternoon by the score of 4 to 3. The playing of both teams was slow in the first period, but the players warmed up later and the game ended in a whirlwind finish. Yale's defence was very strong, York's work at goal being especially brilliant. Dartmouth presented a combination of fast skaters, particularly strong in the forward line, and although the Yale forwards were not quite so fast on the ice, their accurate shooting was enough to win the game. Yale started off by scoring two goals in the first ten minutes of play, and before the end of the period Tyler scored for Dartmouth. Tyler's pretty shot in the second period tied the score at 2 all, and at the end extra time was necessary. Both teams, playing at a fast clip, added another goal in the first extra period, Buchanan of Yale and Raycroft of Dartmouth tallying. The winning goal in the last period was a hard, clean drive from the middle of the rink by Washburn, the Yale cover point.

Captain Burgess, Murray and Washburn were the stars for the Elis, while Tyler and Raycroft were strong factors for the Green.

The line-ups were as follows: YALE  DARTMOUTH. Gould, l.w.  r.w., Raycroft Dickey, c.  c., Tyler Burgess, r.  r., Geran Armour, r.w.  l.w., Holmes Washburn, c.p.  c.p., Currier Murray, p.  p., Murchie York, g.  g., Holden