IMPROVED ARCHITECTURAL WORK.

The recent showing of representatives of the Architectural School justifies its status as a separate branch of the University. From 1906, when the combined Departments of Architecture and Applied Science were instituted as a Graduate School, to 1914, when the engineering department combined with Technology and Architecture became a separate graduate school, there has been great growth. In the competitions held recently by the Boston Society of Architects the new School accounted admirably for its year of separate existence.

Annually this Society holds drawing competitions for Harvard, Technology, and itself. To avoid rivalry between the different institutions, the three competitions are separate, and prizes are given according to the individual standard of the work contributed. Out of nineteen entries, Harvard won sixteen first group medals; out of twenty-seven entries, Technology won six first medals; and out of nine entries, the Boston Society won three first medals. The subject for competition and the judges were the same in each case.