Lectures on City Planning Start

Mr. F. B. Williams '88, a member of the Advisory Commission on the city plan of the City of New York, and a member of the General Committee of National Conference on City Planning, will give a series of four lectures on the City Planning Law of the United States, in Robinson Hall, today, tomorrow, next Thursday, and next Friday at 5 o'clock. The lectures will be given under the auspices of the School of Landscape Architecture of the University. Today's lecture will deal with the General Principles of the subject, including the purpose and scope of city planning, governmental control over land privately used, etc. In the second lecture the speaker will discuss the plan of a city as a whole and its parts as related to the whole. The third lecture will take up the question of private development as controlled by building regulations. The last lecture will be on the subject of the administration in city planning. Lantern slides illustrating foreign and American loge methods and their results, will be used. The lectures will be open to the public.