Trials for Second Tennis Team

Trials for the second tennis team will begin today. The following matches will be played at Jarvis Field: At 2.30--H. Talcott '18 vs. E. B. Benedict '18; E. O. Baker '17 vs. D. K. Dunmore '18; H. R. Guild '17 vs. L. E. Green '18; D. Appleton '18 vs. W. Campbell '16. At 4--E. B. Benjamin '18 vs. H. Talcott '18; D. K. Dunmore '18 vs. H. R. Guild '17; W. Campbell '16 vs. L. E. Green '18; E. O. Baker '17 vs. D. Appleton '18.

At present there are not enough candidates for the second team. All those who did not respond to the call for trials for the first team should report at Soldiers Field today at 3 o'clock. The plan this year is not to make a very close distinction between the first and second teams, but to have considerable playing between the two teams, so that a member of the second team will have an opportunity of winning a position on the first team in the course of the season.

Reservation System Begins Tomorrow.

A system of reservation for all courts on Jarvis Field, similar to the one employed last spring, will take effect tomorrow morning. A chart will be posted in the Hemenway Gymnasium every morning at 8 o'clock, on which players may for the use of the courses that afternoon. The chart will be taken from the Gymnasium to Jarvis Field every day a 1 o'clock, after which hour all reservations must be made on Jarvis Field. Directions regarding the signing for reservation will be posted over the chart.