CLASS CREWS NEED MORE MEN

Success of Inter-Class Race Depends on Support of Upperclassmen.

More candidates are needed for the Senior and Junior class crews in order to make the inter-class race in May a success. There are fewer men out from the classes of 1916 and 1917 than ever before, and a great many more candidates can be used. All those who have had any crew experience should report at the times of the rowing of the Senior and Junior crews respectively.

Pair-oar work has now begun for both the University and Freshman squads. Coach Haines will be at Newell Boat Club every morning except Thursday for the benefit of University oarsmen, while on Thursday morning he will be at Weld Boat Club for the Freshmen. Jack Manning will also be at Weld Boat Club every morning to give Freshman individual instruction.

New Shell for University Here.

The second Davy eight-oared shell has arrived, and this boat will be used by University A. This shell is a much lighter one than the other Davy shell purchased this year, and will prove more satisfactory for general work.

All crews had a long row yesterday afternoon, there being no changes of importance. University B has showed exceptional form the last few days, and the recent shifts in the boat seem to have been improvements.