NEW TECH, QUARTERS TO OPEN WITH ELABORATE PROGRAM

Magnificent Masque, Pageant and Water Carnival to Mark Dedication in June.

The formal opening and dedication of the new Technology buildings on June 12, 13 and 14 will mark the fiftieth anniversary of the founding of that institution. A vast and elaborate masque and pageant, "Technology and Civilization," a three-day river carnival, together with many meetings, exhibitions and reunions will make this one of the greatest celebrations ever held in New England.

The greatest single feature of the entire dedication will be the pageant and masque which will be staged in the great court of the new buildings on June 13. The theme running throughout the masque will be the gradual conquering of the forces of nature by man. The thousand or more Technology students taking part will represent chaos gradually forming into definite elements and leading up to twentieth-century civilization. The pageant, which will be shown between the scenes of the masque will depict Technology's influence upon civilization and her relationship to the advancement of making. Following this there will be an elaborate display of fireworks, managed by the experts who produced the striking effects at the San Francisco fair. There will be pillars of steam tinted by lights of many colors and fireworks of every description.

The celebration will start on Monday, June 12, with a gathering of all Technology men, past and present, in Huntington Hall, for a farewell ceremony to the Rogers Building. The entire body will then march to the embankment, where it will be met by a small fleet of motor boats. This crossing of the river will be made an aquatic jubilee. Progress in naval construction will be shown by the latest models of many types of vessels. It is planned to have torpedo boat destroyers and submarines in manoeuvres in the Basin, working in conjunction with fast motor boats and hydroplanes, which will aim to show the utility of small craft in time of war. It is also planned to have an aeroplane which will perform various "stunts" over the heads of the spectators.

Following this there will be an exhibition in the new buildings, showing the progress in sciences and applied arts during the past fifty years. An unusual feature will be the demonstration of the great number of branches of science and applied knowledge necessary for the completion of a huge undertaking like a modern skyscraper or battleship. There will be diagrams showing the technical knowledge necessary for the construction of each part. Early models of the telephone, telegraph, and other important inventions will be shown, and with each will be given the part played by Technology in its perfection.

The last day will witness the formal dedication of the buildings and their acceptance by President MacLaurin and the corporation. In the evening the ceremonies of all three days will be concluded with an All-Technology banquet in Symphony Hall.