Summer Forestry Camp Offers Courses to Students

A summer camp of forestry will be held at Milford, Pike Country, Pa., this summer under the auspices of the Yale School of Forestry. While it is meant primarily for those who expect to take up forestry as a profession, it is open to anyone who has had at least three years of high school education. Last year several members of the University were enrolled among its members.

The school will open July 1 and continue for eight weeks. At the close of the term a certificate of attendance and record of the work accomplished will be

The tuition fee, which is paid at the at the end of the course. given to those who take the examination time of registration, is $30, and the rent and care of the tent and equipment is $20. If two persons occupy one tent, the charge is $15 per person. The total expenses, which includes the price of board at cost, will not exceed $90 or $100.

Eleven different courses will be given on forestry and other allied subjects. They are: Silviculture, Forest Measurements, Forest Surveying, Botany, Wood and Its Uses, The Forest Regions of the United States, Forest Conservation. The National and State Forests, and one broad general course to be known as Education in Forestry.

Assistant Professor R. C. Hawley, of the Yale School of Forestry, will be in charge of the camp. He will be assisted by Assistant Professor S. J. Record, C. E. Behr, J. W. Toumey, Gifford Pinchot, W. O. Lilley, and J. G. Peters.