STARS TO PARTICIPATE IN SCHOLASTIC MEET

Attractive Trophies to be Fought for In Annual Contests In Stadium May 20.

The 31st Annual Harvard Interscholastic Track Meet will be held in the Stadium on Saturday afternoon, May 20, commencing at 2.50 o'clock. The events will be as follows: 100, 220, and 440-yard dashes, 880-yard run, one and two-mile runs, 120-yard high and 220-yard low hurdles, running high and broad-jumps, putting the 12-pound shot, throwing the 12-pound hammer, and the pole-vault.

The prizes will be gold, silver, and bronze medals, and will be given to the winners of first, second, and third places. In addition to these individual trophies, the team scoring the greatest number of points will hold, for one year, the cup presented by University graduates and members of the Boston Athletic Association. The H. A. A. will also present a shield to be kept permanently by the winning team.

The entry lists include a large number of prominent schoolboy athletes and the meet should be more successful than ever. Whalen of Exeter in the high-jump, O'Connell of Exeter in the mile, and Marling of Huntington School in the 880-yard run are among the entrants who are well known in schoolboy ranks. Exeter won the meet last spring, but it is doubtful in view of the other strong teams whether it can repeat again this year.

After the meet, a banquet will be given the contestants, coaches and managers of the respective teams at the Varsity Club at 5.30 o'clock.

All entries must be sent to T. Clark '17 not later than May 10. Admission tickets at 50 cents each will be on sale at the H. A. A., Leavitt & Peirce's, and Wright & Ditson's, Boston.