HIGH RANK FOR YALE TRACK MEN IN CONTESTS THIS YEAR

Letters Given for First Time to Those Who Took Third Places in Dual Harvard Meet.

The Yale track team had an extraordinarily successful season this year, winning second place in the Intercollegiates in Cambridge, and beating both the University and Princeton in dual meets. At the beginning of the indoor season, the prospects were poor, as there were only seven "Y" men on the squad. But with the help of an efficient graduate advisory board, a new track cage was erected for the accommodation of the hurdlers, sprinters, and field event men. Mr. C. E. Coxe again offered the Willisbrook cups in individual events to stimulate competition during the winter, and a special car to the Harvard meet was offered as a reward for faithful work.

The relay team lost to the University in February, but steadily improved. At the Pennsylvania Relay Carnival the team equalled the world's record in the two-mile race.

A record number of men stayed over during the Easter recess to practice. The Princeton meet was won 66 1-2 to 37 1-2, while the University was defeated almost as badly, 63 1-3 to 40 2-3. Winners of third places in this meet were awarded "Y"'s for the first time in history. In the I. C. A. A. A. A. games, the team scored 29 points in ten of the thirteen events.

The faithful work of the team was encouraged by the establishment of a new office for the four major sport captains where complete and up-to-date records were kept of each man's cuts, marks, scholastic standing, attendance at track practice, and of records during the season.