CHANGE OF TIME IN ALL EVENTS IN ROWING CLASSIC

CREWS IN BEST SHAPE

Red Top. Conn., June 21.--The crews today finished their hard work in preparation for the Yale regatta on Friday. The whole squad is in excellent health and every man is "on edge" for the races.

The freshmen fours and gentlemen's eight races will both be rowed tomorrow afternoon over the one-mile course, whenever conditions are most suitable.

At a meeting held this afternoon between the Yale and Harvard university crew representatives and the referee of the races it was unanimously decided that, owing to the possibility of a postponement of the morning races and the danger of a further postponement until Saturday, and in view of the fact that certain members of the crew must report for military service not later than Friday night, the times for rowing the morning races should be changed and the freshman race be rowed at 9.30 o'clock down-stream on the lower two miles and the second university at 10 o'clock over the same course. If either or both of these races cannot be rowed at these hours, either or both will be rowed at any hour, either up-stream or down-stream, at the discretion of the referee, up to 12 o'clock noon. If either or both cannot be rowed in the morning either or both postponed races will be rowed not later than 4.45 o'clock down-stream on either the upper or the lower course, at the discretion of the referee. At the meeting it was decided that the university race should be rowed down-stream at 5.45 o'clock. Yale and Harvard very much regret the advisability.