PRIZE WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Forty-Seven Deturs Awarded to Members of Three Upper Classes.

Prior to the literary exercises of the Phi Beta Kappa Society the complete list of winners of academic prizes for the last year was announced.

The Bowdoin Prize for dissertations in English was awarded to J. D. Austin '16, second prizes going to S. B. Pfeifer '16 and E. L. Tiffany '16. The Boylston Prizes for Elocution were won by S. Leymayer, Jr., '16 and P. F. Reniers '16; second prizes being won by J. W. D. Seymour '17, A. J. R. Helmus '16, and T. J. Putnam ocC. V. B. Kellett '18 was the winner of the Lee Wade II prize competition, with G. Mair '16 second, and T. J. Putnam ocC. third. The Coolidge Debating Prize was won by A. G. Paine '17, and the Philip Washburn Prize was won by R. W. Nelson '16.

The Sales Prize went to A. N. Colton '16, and R. S. Hillyer '17 won the Lloyd McKim Garrison Prize for poetry. The first Old Testament Prize was won by A. R. Ginsburgh '17, and the Menorah Society Prize was won by C. Nemser '16. E. R. Roberts '16 won the Pasteur Medal. The Henry Russell Shaw Travelling Fellowship for 1916-17 was awarded to C. Laporte '16, and the Frederick Sheldon Fellowships to R. W. Chesnut '17, E. C. Ehrensperger '16, W. Goettling '16, and S. Sewall '16.

The following members of the Senior class were awarded Deturs: D. L. Andrews, P. B. Boyd, J. R. Coffin, L. Curtis, 2d, F. P. Donahue, J. E. Farley, W. Goettling, B. S. T. Goldberg, H. Goldberger, H. Goodman, R. Jackson, H. A. Larrabee, E. F. McKay, S. Sewall, S. B. Smith, L. Wald, J. L. Walsh.

Junior class: E. F. Adolph, M. Berman, M. Brandwene, F. H. Cabot, Jr., R. W. Chesnut, T. S. Derr, J. A. Emery, L. J. Ferbstein, W. Gresser, A. L. Schur, W. Silz, C. J. Strachley, B. Strauch, F. J. Towlerton, B. C. Van Tine, G. Wasser.

Sophomore: E. Amdursky, J. J. Brooks, D. M. Brunswick, H. Davis, R. F. Fox, L. E. Green, L. B. Keane, O. W. Larkin, H. J. Leon, M. J. Levine, J. Low, J. G. B. Moore, R. S. Tucker, A. L. Whitman.