TUFTS TO OFFICIATE GAMES

Langford Will Also Referee Important Football Contests This Fall, Aided by Murphy.

State Senator N. A. Tufts of Waltham (Brown) and W. S. Langford (Trinity) have been chosen to referee the most important football games in the East this Fall, according to an announcement by Secretary H. W. Taylor of the Central Board on Officials.

Besides the Harvard-Yale game on November 25, Tufts will officiate at the Yale-Princeton, Pennsylvania-Dartmouth and Dartmouth-Syracuse contests. Langford will be referee of the games between the University and Cornell, Virginia, Princeton and Brown and of the Army-Navy game.

The game between Yale and Washington and Jefferson on October 28 will be refereed by F. W. Murphy (Brown). The same day T. F. Murphy '04 will referee the Princeton-Dartmouth contest and a week later he will be referee of the Yale-Colgate game.

The Yale-Brown and Cornell-Michigan games on November 11 will be refereed by H. B. Hackett (West Point), and J. B. Pendleton (Bowdoin) respectively. The later will also referee the Pennsylvania-Michigan contest on November 18.

G. N. Bankart of Dartmouth will be umpire of the games between the University and Brown. D. L. Fultz (Brown) will umpire the Virgina and Yale contests, while Cari Williams (Pennsylvania) will umpire the game with Princeton.

Williams will act in the same capacity at the Princeton-Yale game and will be field judge of the Yale game on November 25. The other official at the University's final contest will be W. N. Morice (Pennsylvania), linesman.