R. O. T. C. RUNNERS RACE TOMORROW

Military Cross-Country Contest Staged By B. A. A. Will Test Squad.

The race under the auspices of the Boston Athletic Association in Boston tomorrow afternoon will furnish the first outside competition this year for the cross-country runners of the University and Freshman squads. Since the affair is open only to military and naval organizations, all the men have been entered as representing the R. O. T. C., and not the University or Freshman class. The cross-country management has filed entry blanks for nearly all of the University and several 1921 runners.

The race will start from the B. A. A. Club House on Exeter street at 3 o'clock. A large number of military and naval training camps and schools are expected to compete; among them will probably be the Naval Radio School of the University.

The cross-country squad at present numbers 40, evenly divided between University and Freshman barriers. Coach Farrell believes he has the foundations of two good teams. Their capabilities will be better known after tomorrow's contest. Practice has been held at Soldiers Field every day this week, the usual trips to Belmont being omitted. This arrangement was made because the ground covered at Cambridge is more like that over which the B. A. A. race will be run than is the course at Belmont.