CARNIVAL PLANS COMPLETED.

Leary and Haughton in Charge of Navy and Army Teams Respectively.

Plans for the Army and Navy athletic carnival to be held in the Stadium of Saturday, November 3, are nearly completed, and the advance sale of tickets has begun. Besides the football game, already announced, to be played between teams representing both branches of the service, track events and competitions peculiar to soldiers are scheduled. A relay race with ten men and one man to run 220 yards and an "overcoat relay," in which each runner must remove and pass his overcoat to the next runner, are on the program. Other competitions will include "rescue races" in which teams from Camp Devens will rescue supposedly wounded soldiers.

Tickets Now on Sale.

Several thousand soldiers and sailors will be in the Stadium, and will march in review before the general officers who will be present. The east stands will be reserved for the Army; the west, for the Navy. The advance sale of tickets has so far greatly exceeded the expectations of the carnival management. Tickets at $2 and $1 can now be obtained at the H. A. A.

The Navy team which will play against the Camp Devens eleven is practicing regularly now in preparation for this important game. On Tuesday L. H. Leary '05, who is coaching the sailors, drilled his squad in the fundamentals of the game at Soldiers Field.

Army Officers May Play.

P. D. Haughton '99, who has general oversight of the Camp Devens team, when interviewed by a CRIMSON reporter, had little to say about his eleven.

"It is still too early for me to say anything about the men. Besides, I haven't looked them over carefully myself. With the thousands of men in the cantonment, however, there is no doubt about the calibre of the team which will play the Navy. If the officers are allowed to play, an almost entire University eleven could be reconstructed."