GYMNASIUM OPENS AT 9 O'CLOCK

Ample Indoor Athletic Facilities Now Ready in Randolph Courts.

At 9 o'clock this morning the new Gymnasium will open in Randolph Court for the use of all members of the University. No fee will be charged for the use of the Gymnasium, which will be open every week-day this winter from 9 until 6.30 o'clock.

Facilities have been provided for basketball, handball, boxing, wrestling, swimming and other games. It is probable that if there is sufficient interest shown, informal tournaments and series may be arranged in these sports. Rowing machines, chest-weights and punching-bags will also be available for the use of students, as well as some of the other lighter apparatus that has been transferred from the old Hemenway Gymnasium.

The 5 o'clock athletic class, which has been held for several years, will be continued in the new building under the direction of Mr. Schrader. This class offers an opportunity for anyone in the University to obtain regular and sufficient exercise without being hampered by strict attendance rules. Members are required to attend only as often as they wish, and need not remain during the whole hour.

Lockers will be assigned today. The entrance to the Gymnasium that will be open continually is situated on the north side of Linden street, between Randolph Hall and Massachusetts avenue.