HOCKEY SEVENS IN TIE GAME

NEITHER UNIVERSITY NOR 1921 TEAMS ABLE TO SCORE IN ARENA.

The last hockey practice before the vacation was marked by a fast scrimmage between the informal and Freshman teams, in which no score was made by either side. The play was very fast in spite of the sticky condition of the Arena surface.

All the Freshmen forwards showed brilliant flashes of good individual form, but their lack of co-operation accounts for the fact that no goals were scored. The whole informal team put up a stubborn man-to-man defence which broke up the opposing rushes, but was of no offensive value.

Individual Freshman stars were E. L. Bigelow, J. A. Sessions and L. B. Van Ingen. Bigelow was the fastest man and the most powerful offensive factor, although Van Ingen and R. J. Phillips on the two wings played a consistent aggressive game. Sessions, however, was easily the most valuable player. In spite of his light weight he used his body extremely well, and bore the brunt of the whole defence. Of the substitutes, C. C. Adams and F. M. Bacon were the most effective, Adams holding to his position better than any other man on the ice.

Of the informals, A. H. Bright '19, W. W. Rice '18 and J. Stubbs '20 showed good individual ability, although Rice was seldom in his proper position.