BASEBALL CANDIDATES REPORT

Coach Duffy Addressed Meeting Held in Varsity Club Last Night.

Forty-four candidates for the University and 23 for the Freshman baseball teams reported at the first meeting of the season, held in the Varsity Club last night. Captain G. E. Abbot '17 announced that battery practice for both University and Freshman players will start today at 2 o'clock, and the fielding candidates will be called out two weeks later. Abbot introduced Coach Hugh Duffy, who said that much depends on the mutual understanding and enthusiasm of the players. After promising every candidate careful consideration he said: "I pledge my best efforts; with your help success is assured."

Dr. Nichols said: "We need the undivided support of every one of you if we are to come through against Princeton and Yale this spring." He also spoke very highly of Captain Abbot and Coach Duffy, and said that strict training both for condition and discipline, will be rigidly enforced as soon as outdoor work commences.

All battery candidates, whether they were at the meeting last night or not, are to report today with full equipment, in time to get lockers and be dressed, ready for practice at 2 o'clock.