FRESHMAN CREW SHOWING POOR

More Oarsmen and Managers from 1920 In Demand at Boathouse.

Although regular practice for all Freshman crew candidates began on Monday, only 70 men have reported so far. This is a very poor showing inas-much as last fall 110 were out and last spring more than 120 reported. Arrangements have been made so that crew practice will not interfere in any way with the drills and lectures in Military Science and Tactics 1. Previous experience is not necessary.

Rowing practice will be indoors on the machines and in the tank at the Newell Boathouse until the ice on the river breaks up. All crews will then be put on the Charles.

As last year Coach William Haines and Arthur Beane '11 are in charge of the Freshman oarsmen.

Last Summons to Managers.

Today is the last opportunity for men from 1920 to report for the Freshman managerships. So far, very few men have reported and more are wanted. All new candidates will report this afternoon at the Nowell Boathouse at 3.45 o'clock. One manager and an assistant will be chosen from this competition, these men going to Red Top this spring with the crew. No previous experience is necessary for the work in this competition.

Rowing for the University crews will commence next Monday. The tank in the Newell Boathouse is open this week for voluntary practice.