WINTER TRACK CARNIVAL WILL BEGIN ON FEB. 28

Strength Tests Must be Taken Before Next Tuesday When Entries Will Close.

The annual winter track carnival will be held this year on the board track and in the baseball cage on Wednesday, February 28, and Thursday, March 1. The program will include the interclass relay races, in which each of the ten runners on a team covers two laps, and the interdormitory races between six-man teams. Handicap competitions in all the field events will be held in the baseball cage in connection with the carnival.

All the events are open to anyone in College except a four-lap novice race, for which only men who have won no prizes or been on no teams in College are eligible. A silver medal will be awarded the winner in each event and those gaining second and third places will receive bronze medals.

The program for the first day will be as follows: 40-yard dash (handicap), 12-lap handicap race, preliminaries for the interclass relay interdormitory team race, pole vault and shot put.

On the second day the events will be: 45-yard hurdles, four-lap novice race, seven-lap handicap race, broad jump, high jump and 20-lap handicap race. Captains for the interdormitory teams and the interclass relay will be appointed by the end of next week.

No one will be allowed to compete in the carnival unless he has passed a strength test. These tests must be taken by Tuesday, February 27. Blue books for entries will be placed at Leavitt and Peirce's, the Locker Building, and the Freshman Dormitories. The entries will close on Tuesday, February 27, at 12 o'clock.

Two Meets for Short Relay Team.

The University short-distance relay team will meet Holy Cross at Hartford tomorrow and will oppose the Princeton team at Baltimore on Saturday. J. D. Hutchinson '19 and J. Coggeshall '18 are entered individually in the mile and 1,000-yard runs respectively.