SPRING TRACK WORK TO START

CANDIDATES FOR TEAM REPORT ON FIELD ON TUESDAY AT 3 O'CLOCK.

Spring practice for all who have not been running will begin Tuesday at 3 o'clock when all candidates for the University track team will report at Soldiers Field. Spring work for those who have been running, but are not training now, will start at 3 o'clock on Monday, March 26.

Candidates for the position of second assistant manager of the University track team are to report at the H. A. A. Monday at 1.30 o'clock. This competition is the last major sport manager competition in which 1919 men are eligible to enter. The successful candidate will be appointed second assistant manager of the track team and the runner-up second assistant manager of the cross-country team. Since the intercollegiates are to be held in Philadelphia, the competition will be decided at the time of the dual meet with Yale on May 12. This is the shortest of the major sport managership competitions.

At practice yesterday afternoon the distance men worked out on the side-walk near Soldiers Field in the attempt to get more familiar with running on the ground after training on the board tracks all winter. E. A. Teschner '17 and W. Moore '18 practised a few starts and ran one lap in fast time.