PI ETA MADE BIG HIT

CHORUS WELL TRAINED

The Pi Eta Play, "A Medley of Heirs," gave its first performance last night to a large and appreciative audience. The book is by J. W. D. Seymour '17, the music by R. T. Squire '18, and the lyrics by G. Dunton '18.

There are few musical comedies nowadays that do not have royalty or palace settings in them somewhere, and the Pi Eta Show follows in the groove; but the monotony of the subject is relieved by humorous situations, witty lines, and hopeless tangles. The plot is as improbable as any musical comedy plot, but it has distinction in that it works out to a really definite conclusion.

The music is extremely good, though improvement might have been made in the orchestration. The orchestra is entirely professional and well emphasizes music that is decidedly catchy. The voices, both solo and chorus, are far above the ordinary.

B. C. Cartmell ocC made a very pretty princess and sang his numbers well, especially. "Dreams" and the "Bride Hunter." J. S. Pfaffman '17 also sang well. R. T. Bushnell '19 played the comedy role to perfection, closely followed by C. R. Larrabee '19. Strange to say, there was no villain.

The program contained several attractive dances, all of which were cleverly executed by a chorus that showed training. The costumes were more finished than they have been for some time, and with good lighting and scenic effects, afforded remarkable pictures.

The Pi Eta Society has an enviable reputation for producing good plays. What better praise can be given than that this year's show is the best yet? PAUL BLACKMUR '15.

Performance at Exeter.

"A Medley of Heirs" will play at Exeter this evening and at Jordan Hall, Boston, on Thursday, March 22. The company will give another performance in Cambridge on March 23, and the following night the play will be produced in the Town Hall at Andover. Tickets for the Boston performance may be obtained at Herrick's in Boston and seats for the Cambridge production have been placed on sale at both the Co-operative Branch and Amee Brothers.