PIERIAN HELD ANNUAL ELECTION

D. O. Woodbury Will Head Orchestra Club for Season of 1917-18.

At the annual meeting of the Pierian Sodality the following officers were elected for 1917-18: President, David Oakes Woodbury '18, of Ogunquit, Me.; vice-president, Leon Henry Zach '18, of Roxbury; secretary, Myron Franklin Bright field ucC, of St. Louis, Mo.; treasurer, Lewis Edes Ward '19, of Watertown: manager, Leo Berthier Drake '18, of New-foundland, N. J.

At the meeting plans for next year were discussed. It was suggested that a series of concerts be given in Cambridge next year. At present plans for the annual concert of the Sodality, given on May 1, are being made, and it has been decided that "The Unfinished Symphony" of Schubert which was given with such success at the mid-year concert will be repeated. Brahms' "Tragic Overture" and Caesar Franck's "Les Djinns" will also be on the program. Two shorter compositions by University men, conducted by the composers, will also be played. Plans for a dinner during May are also under way, but these events will all be cancelled should the calling out of the soldiery interfere with their completion.