SOCIAL SERVICE DINNER IN UNION

Annual Conference to be Held in Union Tomorrow Night at 6.15.

The annual spring social service dinner and conference will be held in the Trophy Room of the Union tomorrow evening at 6.15 o'clock. Mr. Henry Abrams, of the Boston School Committee, and secretary of the Boston Central Labor Union, will speak on "What the College Man Owes the Community." The undergraduate viewpoint on social service will be presented by two men who are doing active work in this field, E. P. Stone 3M and Roger Pierce '19. Stone will take for his subject "What Social Service Does for the Student," and Pierce will tell "The Experiences of a Novice in Social Service Work."

The other speaker will be Mr. S. E. Wright, director of boys' work at Hale House. He will speak on "Methods of Training Volunteers."

The purpose of this conference is to bring together the heads of the settlement houses in Boston and Cambridge, and the men in the University who are now engaged in active social service work. All men who are interested are invited to attend. The tickets are $1.25 each, and men who have a charge account at the Union may have it put on their accounts. Tickets may be secured from the secretary of the Social Service Committee, W. I. Tibbetts '17. W. R. Beale '18, chairman of the Social Service Committee, will preside.