WESTERN CHAIR FOR PROF. YERKES

Distinguished Psychologist Associated with University Since 1901.

Robert Means Yerkes '98, Assistant Professor of Psychology, whose resignation has been accepted by the Corporation has been accepted the chair of psychology at the University of Minnesota. As professor of psychology and director of the psychological laboratories, Professor Yerkes will be at the head of a newly established department at the Western university.

Professor Yerkes graduated from the University with the Class of 1898, receiving the degree of A.B. The following year he was awarded his A.M., and in 1901 he received the degree of Ph.D. At that time Professor Yerkes began his teaching and investigating work at the University and in 1908 received the assistant professorship in his department. Five years later he was appointed psychologist to the Psychopathic Hospital, Boston. He is a fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science and a member of the American Psychological Association, and the American Societies of Naturalists and Zoologists. As an author he is known for numerous works on psychology.