PLAN TO SELL LIBERTY BONDS

COMMITTEE FORMED TO INCREASE SALES TO STUDENTS IN UNIVERSITY.

In order to stimulate interest among University undergraduates in the purchase of Liberty Bonds, the following committee has been appointed to carry on a campaign: A. D. Weld '18, Chairman, G. C. Barclay '19, G. A. Brownell '19, F. K. Bullard '20, D. C. Hawkins '20, and F. E. Parker, Jr. '18. A meeting will be held in the Crimson building tonight at 7 o'clock at which W. G. Taussig '11 will speak and plans will be outlined.

It is hoped that the district in which the University is will subscribe at least three million dollars of this government bond issue. It is not only large amounts from a few individuals which the government wishes, but that the issue may be spread among the entire nation, and thus add strength to the issue itself and the general financial situation. The greatest record which the United States has made in this respect--that of extending the sale to a large number of citizens--was at the time of the Civil War was the ratio of one to 250.

With this in view the Federal Government has issued these bonds in $50 denominations. The above committee hopes to persuade the sale of many such securities among University students to aid this district in overscribing the amount which conservative estimates have held would be taken.