VIVID LECTURE LAST EVENING BY MORIZE

SCHEDULE ANNOUNCED

The regular lecture for the University Reserve Officers' Training Corps was delivered last night by Lieutenant Morize on the subject of the duties of the platoon leader in the trenches. In addition to the usual program, the lecture was vividly illustrated by stereoptican pictures made from photographs which Lieutenant Morize took while in the trenches on the western front. Few of the lectures which the French Mission have given have been of greater practical value and interest.

The duties of the platoon leader in the trenches from early morning throughout the day and night were described in detail, each side of the work receiving careful attention. Such subjects as the proportionate distribution of squads throughout a section, the necessary inspection and care of the men, the method of providing for their food and sleep and the system of watches and patrols were all discussed and explained. With the aid of the pictures, Lieutenant Morize was able to more carefully expound the various situations.

Lectures to be Complied.

All the lectures which are being given to the Corps by the French Mission are to be printed, and by themselves will form a book on the European war more up-to-date than at present we have in this country.

The first battalion, having completed their target work on the range, will march back from Wakefield today; their places will be taken by the second battalion on Monday.

The men of these companies were also given instruction in the assembling, dissembling and firing of the machine guns which the Corps has obtained. Target practice with the Colt machine, the gun which is being paid for by the subscriptions of the companies, resulted very satisfactorily. These company subscriptions should be made to the first sergeants, who will turn the amount collected over to P. P. Goold, Persis Smith A22. It will be necessary to raise $600 from the two battalions now in Cambridge.

Printed elsewhere in today's CRIMSON is the schedule of training for next week.